At FW Jets safety is never optional...period!
"ARGUS International, Inc. (ARGUS), is a specialized aviation services company whose mission is to provide the aviation marketplace with data and information necessary to make informed decisions and manage risk." ARGUS provides the following ratings:
- DNQ – Does Not Qualify
- Gold Rating – In order to achieve this rating, ARGUS conducts in-depth research into a number of databases and other reputable sources. Historical information on the commercial certificate, pilots and aircraft serial numbers are compiled as well as processed and scored. This information is compared against an aggregate group with similar exposures and determines whether or not the applicant is eligible for the Gold Rating.
- Gold Plus Rating – This rating is awarded to those operators who meet all of the above Gold Rating requirements and have also completed an ARGUS on-site safety audit, or maintain IS-BAO (International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations) registration. It is audited against the ARGUS Platinum Standard which is a standard developed by the company in conjunction with the industry incorporating best practices, policies and procedures.
- Platinum Rating – This is the highest level that can be achieved within the ARGUS rating system. It is only awarded to experienced operators who meet the criteria for Gold and pass the ARGUS Platinum on-site safety audit. It requires a well-developed Safety Management System as well as a clear and workable Emergency Response Plan, effective policies and procedures and documented records for all major aspects of operations and maintenance within a flight department or charter company.
Wyvern is an independent company that ensures operators are applying best practices. At its highest level of rating, Wyvern offers the Wingman certification. When you fly with a Wyvern Wingman Operator, you know that you have chosen an operator who has gone the extra mile in safety and quality.
Operators that achieve the Wingman designation must meet the criteria in "The Wingman Standard". They must also undergo an initial audit and then a follow up audit every 24 months. This audit includes a two-day on-site visit by Wyvern's safety advisors, and carries requirements above and beyond standard air safety regulations.
Wyvern also offers the PASS (Pilot and Aircraft Safety Survey) Program, which is a as a trip-specific, due diligence report. Wyvern offers two levels of PASS programs to member operators: the Wingman Standard PASS, and the Registered Standard PASS. These are available respectively for Wingman Operators and Registered Operators.
Wingman Standard PASS reports cover a 150+ point inspection for each flight. They confirm pilot and maintenance personnel training, crew currency, background checks, accident records, and that an operator is Wingman certified.
Read more: The Wyvern Wingman Rating System
IS-BAO STAGE II
The International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations, or IS-BAO, is a code of best practices that serves as the gold standard for business aviation around the world. It was developed by the International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) in 2002 and has been endorsed by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA).
There are three levels to the IS-BAO process, with progressive stages signifying a greater level of maturity within the business. A company will begin at Stage 1 and has the goal of eventually maturing to Stage 3.
FW Jets and Fair Wind Air Charter are currently at IS-BAO Stage 2 but are striving to reach Stage 3 by the end of 2017.
- Stage 1 of IS-BAO indicates that an appropriate Safety Management System (SMS) has been established.
- Stage 2 may be achieved several years later and ensures that safety risks are being effectively managed.
- Stage 3, the most advanced level, is awarded only when safety management has become a fully engrained part of the company’s culture, and a positive culture of safety management has been sustained over time.
Read more: IS-BAO: What It Is and What It Means To You